Tips to Win Your Social Security Case
Serving the Western United States
If you are going in for a social security disability hearing, there are many things you can do to improve your chances of winning. A skilled social security claim attorney can help you and fight for your rights. Here are some helpful tips to win your case:
• Do not dress up for your social security hearing. The Judge should see you as your normally look every day around the house
• Take your medicine as you normally do before the social security hearing. Do not double up on your medicine no matter how nervous you are unless your doctor tells you to do so
• Answer only the questions asked of you. If someone asks about your legs, do not start talking about your problems with your arms.
• If you do not know the answer to a question, say you do not know. If you do not remember, say you do not remember.
• Speak up at your hearing so that you can be heard and understood.
• If a relative or friend comes with you to the social security hearing, you should tell them not to answer questions for you when you are testifying. Even if you cannot remember or answer incorrectly, they should not butt in.
• Do not try to put on a brave front at your social security claim hearing. They are not handing out awards for bravery. If it hurts, testify that it hurts. If you cannot do something, testify that you cannot do it. You cannot expect a fair decision from the Judge unless he knows what is wrong with you.
• Do not exaggerate your problems at your social security disability hearing. This can hurt you more than anything.
• If you need to stand up or walk around during your hearing, do it. You do not have to ask permission. Just do it. Remember that if you testify that you can only sit 15 minutes at a time, but do not get up to walk around during your 45 minute hearing and are in agony, the Judge will think you are lying.
There are many strategies and tips to help win your social security disability hearing. A qualified social security claim attorney can help you! If you or a loved one has been denied social security disability benefits, please contact the law office of Fred J. Fleming today!